Offering the ultimate in UV-Vis photometric performance from 175-900 nm, the Cary 4000 sets the industry benchmark for reference spectrophotometers. This instrument sets the standard for photometric noise, range and linearity, providing excellent resolution across the UV-Visible spectrum from 175-900 nm. Featuring Varian's new Optical Isolation System, the Cary 4000 provides advances in noise and stray light reduction, making it ideal for use as your own primary reference UV-Vis spectrophotometer.
The instrument is shipped with liquid sample holders and can be fitted with a wide range of accessories. It is controlled by the Cary WinUV software.
Cary 4000 design features include:
- Wavelength range - 175-900 nm
- Optical Isolation System - incorporates a 'floating' solid aluminium casting that isolates the optics from external disturbances. You can be sure that your laboratory environment won't affect your instrument's performance.
- Schwarzchild coupling optics - ensures the maximum level of light throughput. This produces more accurate measurements at low transmission levels
- Silica overcoating - protects the optics from the environment and allows cleaning without damage to their reflective surface
- Variable and Fixed slits - allows optimum control over data resolution. The spectral bandwidth can be set down to 0.01 nm.
- Out-of-plane double Littrow monochromator - minimizes photometric noise and stray light, providing excellent resolution
- Advanced electronics design - The instruments can typically measure beyond 8 Abs with reference beam attenuation
- Nitrogen purging - The monochromator and sample compartments have separate nitrogen purging capabilities,
allowing the sample compartment to be purged at a higher rate than the instrument
- 'Plug-and-Go'™ lamp management - lamps are now easily replaced and pre-aligned, requiring no adjustment. The lamp management electronics ensures that a wider range
of lamp designs can be accommodated
- LockDown™ mechanism - you can mount accessories in the sample compartment quickly, easily and reproducibly. You'll spend less time on set up and more time on analysis!