The STAR line workstations are based on superior air displacement pipetting technology. This increases accuracy and repeatability while providing chain of custody with pipette condition monitoring and recording. Each workstation can be configured with multiple arms and each arm can be configured with multiple pipetting and labware gripping devices. Pipetting channels and labware grippers move independently of each other, supporting the use of a wide range of labware. The autoload option provides barcode tracking of samples, labware, racks and carriers. All workstation functions and integrated third-party devices are controlled by the Venus software.
Venus One is the newest software package for the STAR Line. It offers the most intuitive, flexible and powerful programming control. Venus offers all the tools to allow simple to complex programming, without limiting your imagination or compromising your requirements.
Data can be tracked and processed within the application as well as interfaces to internal and external databases, including LIMS. The STAR can serve as a simple pipettor for serial dilutions or act as the center of a large system with multiple workstations and third party devices such incubators, cell counters, centrifuges, etc.
The compact STARlet can be converted on-site to a STARplus by means of an extension module, more than doubling your deck capacity. Thanks to the scalability of the STAR line instruments, the widest possible range of throughputs and budgets can be accommodated: additional pipetting channels, a 96 or 384-probe head or an integrated robotic arm can be fitted to existing configurations. It is even possible to add a second pipetting arm working in parallel.
Advanced Liquid Handling
- Up to 16 independent pipetting channels
- Optional multiprobe head (96, 384 or Nano)
- Air displacement pipetting technology
- Easy maintenance and serviceability
- CO-RE precision tip attachment
- Tip ejection without aerosol production
- Dynamic Positioning System (DPS) with independently spreadable pipetting channels
- Monitored Air Displacement (MAD)
- Total Aspiration and Dispense Monitoring (TADM)
- Dual liquid level detection (pLLD/cLLD)
- Easy to use VENUS software
- Complete sample traceability
- Positional accuracy for 1536-well plates
- Modular pipetting heads, deck layouts and accessories
- Compatible with sample tubes, microplates, and custom labware
- Barcode identification for samples, microplates, reagents and carriers
- Data output in multiple formats for LIMS integration
- Wide integration possibilities for readers, washers, incubators etc.
- Microplate storage/stacking on deck