The Freedom EVO Clinical is Tecan’s IVD-D compliant (98/79/EC), open, configurable liquid handling and robotic platform developed to support a broad range of in vitro diagnostic applications. The Freedom EVO Clinical enhances the quality, safety and performance of the clinical diagnostic environment, for application such as enzyme immuno assay (EIA) preparation, sample distribution, tube split from source tubes into destination tubes, archiving and pooling.
With many integrated options, the Freedom EVO Clinical offers a fully customizable worktable layout and is available in deck sizes of 100, 150 and 200 cm with either 2-, 4- or 8-tip liquid handling arms, allowing the selection of the optimal instrument for any laboratory space and throughput requirements.
The Freedom EVO Clinical supports the application needs of customers across a full spectrum of essential clinical diagnostic applications and supports the integration of various kits from different manufacturers. In combination with powerful application software packages, the Freedom EVO Clinical enables a wide range of pipetting modes, which are easily defined through Freedom EVOware® Sample Oriented ’s or Freedom EVOlution™’s Graphical User Interface.
Interested? The Freedom EVO Clinical series will certainly meet your specific requirement in the diagnostic laboratory.
The Freedom EVO Clinical is supported by a range of features and options that improve safety, security and efficiency, such as:
- the PMP (pressure monitored pipetting) option to improve the error handling
- the Te-PoolSafe™ option, a liquid arrival check system, to monitor and record the performance of pooling applications
- the loading interface option, monitoring the interaction of the user with the instrument
- the integrated PosID3 positive identification system for unrivalled security in decoding barcode labels, with an advanced sensor system to prevent manual manipulation of tubes during processing
- larger safety panels, shielded carrier, door locks linked to the pause/resume switch and an integrated status lamp
- sample tracking through the whole process, flagging erroneous samples and unexpected events
- Fully integrated status lamp showing the operational status of the instrument
- the lower disposable tip ejector, helping to prevent contamination while using disposable tips