Headspace sampling allows you to introduce volatile compounds automatically, from virtually any sample matrix, directly into a GC or GC/MS. The Agilent G1888 network headspace sampler features an inert sample pathway for superior chemical performance without analyte degradation or loss. Its high sample capacity and increased sensitivity are designed to provide excellent performance for a wide range of analyses. The total solution--from sampling to data analysis to reporting--gives you the highest confidence in your results. And this fully integrated system is from Agilent, a recognized industry leader for more than three decades.
- A 70-sample tray and 12 positions in the heating oven allowing unattended overnight operation for many applications
- Automated constant heating time is employed with optimized sample overlapping for maximum sample throughput in the minimum amount of time
- A deactivated sampling path, from sampling needle to transfer line, is standard. When coupled with an inert 7890A or 6890N volatiles interface complete chromatographic system inertness is achieved.
- A controlled temperature range from 40 deg C to 230 deg C makes it possible to analyze semi-volatiles at temperatures over 200 deg C, as well as traditional applications for low boiling point analytes
- Heated zones can be turned off, which allows analyses at ambient conditions for biological or extremely thermally sensitive analytes
- In addition to routine single extraction (one sampling per vial), two modes of multiple headspace extraction (MHE) are incorporated in the G1888
- Multi-puncture extraction with up to 100 extractions per vial is possible for the analysis of samples in unusual matrices
- A 'concentration mode' of MHE allows multiple extractions from a vial to be made, followed by the start of the GC run after the last extraction
- The sampler includes some convenient testing and troubleshooting features, inlcuding a set of four pre-stored chemical test methods, a semi-automated leak test, and a detailed power-on self-test
- Complete control of the G1888 can be achieved using the GC ChemStation, MSD Productivity
- ChemStation and MSD Security ChemStation, or Cerity NDS for Pharmaceutical QA/QC
- Instrument control is integrated with drop-down menus for ease of method setup. The existing sequence table is used to set up analyses, maintaining optimized sample overlap and constant heating time.
- An event log function tracks every headspace sampler operation and reports any temperature and pressure deviation compared to the set point in compliance with 21 CFR Part 11
- The G1888 can be controlled using its built-in key pad, which makes it compatible with all GCs