FreezerPro 2011 is a class-leading frozen sample management solution that is indispensable to any modern scientific or pharmaceutical laboratory.
FreezerPro is an intuitive, fast, reliable and secure Web-based application that has a visually appealing interface which enables users to know precisely where a frozen sample is located even before opening the freezer door. Popular features include automatic alerts of low number of sample aliquots, sample expiration date, sample volume or freeze-thaw count along with powerful reporting.
Independently validated and certified to be fully compliant with the FDAs current GLP/GMP requirements FreezerPro takes laboratory record management to the highest level of productivity!
FreezerPro Enterprise includes all features of FreezerPro Standard edition and addresses critical security and accessibility issues essential to large-scale frozen sample storage and management.
- Powerful barcode label designer that lets users keep their existing label formats and utilize a wide range of popular printers
- New aliquoting process with improved performance and available parent-child tracking
- Revised audit trails for samples and vials with greater detail
- Enhanced user interface that puts users in control of their FreezerPro experience via user defined fields and new sample views including a box view that can display sample icons and available data in a box/plate layout
- Pick List function offers a shopping cart-like experience when searching or browsing samples and simplifies sample retrieval
- Greater selection of sample icons and styles for customizing visual representations of samples
- FreezerPro Enterprise provides concurrent real-time secure access of unlimited number of licensed users to unlimited number of samples.
- Data encryption using unbreakable 1024-bit technology and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) ensure that all data traffic between FreezerPro web server and a browser remains private and secure.
- User names, roles, groups, passwords and a choice of 36 custom levels of access permissions are provided to maximize the security.
- Available MultiSite Edition option to host multiple, independent labs on a single instance of FreezerPro with data sharing and exchange capabilities.
- FreezerPro Enterprise monitors and displays readings from freezer sensors and maintains a 30 day reading history and performs automatic daily database backups and saves it in a user-specified location.
- Advanced search and a visual query builder to identify samples by name, description, owner, sample source, sample group or by any of the user-defined fields.
- FreezerPro Enterprise supports user authentication via Active Directory Domain Services (LDAP protocol).
- FreezerPro Enterprise comes with PostgreSQL server and can be setup to use any of the customer's provided databases: PostgreSQL, mySQL, IBM DB2, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server.
- FreezerPro Enterprise provides an option of restricting user access to certain freezers, shelfs, racks as well as to individual samples.
- FreezerPro Enterprise is delivered as a Virtual Appliance - pre-built, pre-configured, ready-to-run application packaged with an operating system inside a virtual machine that eliminates installation, configuration, and maintenance costs associated with traditional deployment methods
- Programming language-independent Application Programming Interface (API) is provided with FreezerPro to create custom reports, tools, extensions, and additional modules to integrate with various instruments. Detailed documentation and examples are provided.
- New real-time notification system notifies external services and applications if sample and vial data has changed
- Full support for HIPAA Regulations including:
- HIPAA Accountability Act of 1996
- HIPAA Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act of 2005 (Patient Safety Act)
- New permission model for user groups controls access permissions to freezers, racks, shelves, boxes, samples and sample fields
- New GLP mode – strict operations
- Extended audit comments