ezColony 2011 is setting the standard for automating the management of transgenic animal colonies for scientific and medical research as well as their facilities on nearly any scale. Our unique architecture combines the power and security of an enterprise server with a dynamic graphical user interface that enables maximum flexibility and provides users with an unparalleled degree of involvement in adapting the software to their specific needs.
ezColony is available in an affordable, feature-rich Standard Edition and an Enterprise Edition that offers enhanced security and authentication that utilizes LDAP or Active Directory, no limits on the number of concurrent users and animals, support for sub-facilities and automated data backups for peace of mind.
ezColony Enterprise includes all standard features of ezColony and addresses critical security and accessibility issues essential to large-scale animal management and breeding.
- Enhanced user interface that streamlines tasks such as moving animals between cages via an intuitive, drag and drop process
- Improved animal management capabilities including support for different ear notch schemas
- Updated security model featuring a new user group-based permission model
- Advanced search with Smart Folders and live animal indexing
- New visual cage identification system that utilizes a colorful icon scheme
- Simplified cage management and cage card printing
- Flexible User-Defined fields system to customize Animals, Animals LInes, Cages and Protocols
- ezColony Enterprise provides concurrent real-time secure access of unlimited number of users to unlimited number of animals.
- Data encryption using unbreakable 1024-bit technology and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) ensure that all data traffic between ezColony web server and a browser remains private and secure.
- User names, passwords and a choice of 24 custom levels of access permissions are provided to maximize the security.
- ezColony Enterprise performs automatic daily database backups and saves it in the user-specified location.
- Option to create sub-facilities on a single instance of ezColony Enterprise.
- Communication module to streamline facility operations.
- With ezColony Enterprise and the built-in messaging system, you have no need for paper protocols.
- Composing a new request is easier than sending an email. Optionally you may include animals of interest with your request.
- ezColony Enterprise supports user authentication via Active Directory Domain Services (LDAP protocol).
- ezColony Enterprise comes as a Virtual Appliance - pre-built, pre-configured, ready-to-run application packaged with an operating system inside a virtual machine that eliminates installation, configuration, and maintenance costs associated with traditional deployment method.