Use the Agilent GC pressure and flow rate calculator iPhone™/iPod Touch® app to instantly and accurately determine pressure and flow through open tubular capillary columns. The Agilent GC Calculator app is based on the popular PC version that has been downloaded more than 10,000 times from the Agilent Web site.
The GC calculator is a fast and simple way to:
- See how different GC conditions affect column flow and pressure before setting up a system
- Determine if your current column dimensions are appropriate and/or what your inlet pressure should be when switching from GC (atmospheric pressure) to GC/MS (vacuum)
- Calculate new parameters when switching to a different carrier gas, such as going from helium to hydrogen for faster chromatography
- Predict hold-up times during troubleshooting
- Check if your inlet can handle higher pressures associated with narrow bore capillary columns