A true scientific CMOS in every sense, Neo has been conceptualised and specifically engineered to harness the full performance potential of this new and exciting sensor technology. Unlike any CCD or CMOS camera to come before, Neo is unique in its ability to simultaneously offer ultra-low noise, extremely fast frame rates, wide dynamic range, high resolution and a large field of view.
Neo breaks new boundaries in offering an exceptionally low read noise of 1 e- rms without the need for signal amplification technology. 100 frames/s can be reached with full frame readout, faster with region of interest selection. In Neo, these speeds are uniquely coupled to a dynamic range capability of 30,000:1 with 16-bit digitization.
- 1 e- read noise - Offers lower detection limit than any CCD.
- 5.5 megapixel sensor format and 6.5 µm pixels - Delivers extremely sharp resolution over a 22 mm diagonal field of view: Ideal for cell microscopy and astronomy.
- Rapid frame rates - 100 fps full frame; 208 fps @ 1.4 megapixel ROI; 1688 fps @ 144 x 128 ROI, offers unparalleled temporal resolution.
- TE cooling to -40° C - Minimization of dark current to maintain low noise advantage under all exposure conditions. Minimization of hot pixel blemishes meaning more useful pixels. Fan-off mode for vibration sensitive set-ups.
- UltraVac™ - Sustained vacuum integrity and unequalled cooling with 5 year warranty; complete sensor protection.
- Dual-Gain Amplifiers - Maximum well depth and lowest noise simultaneously, affording extended dynamic range of 30,000:1
- 4 GB on-head image buffer – enables bursts of 100 frames/sec @ 16-bit & facilitates advanced data processing.
- Extensive FPGA on-head data processing - Essential to ensure best image quality and quantitative fidelity from sCMOS technology.
- Single window design – Single input window with double AR coating ensures maximum photon throughput.
- Rolling and global shutter - Maximum exposure and readout flexibility across all applications.
- High Quantum Efficiency - Optimized for popular green/red emitting fluorophores.
- Data flow monitor - Innovatively manage acquisition capture rates vs data bandwidth limitations.
- iCam - Market leading exposure switching with minimal overheads.
- Dynamic Baseline Clamp - Essential to ensure quantitative accuracy across the image area and between successive images of a kinetic series.
- Spurious Noise Filter - Real time FPGA filter that identifies and compensates for spurious high noise pixels.
- Comprehensive trigger modes & I/O - Communication and synchronization within intricate experimental set-ups.
- Cameralink - Cameralink interface permits high bandwidth data spooling to PC, allowing fast continuous kinetic series.