Food Testing Equipment: Serving a Safe Food Supply
Food and beverage testing lab equipment is used to evaluate the quality and integrity of solid and liquid food samples. Food safety is a key topic of concern among consumers and the future of food safety starts with testing in the laboratory or on the field. Although food testing is critical for food safety, food testing is also applicable for standard quality control.
Some of the key applications that food testing analyzers are used for are:
- Food chemistry analysis, such as moisture, fat, protein, pH, salt, minerals, sugar, contaminants, and more.
- Food microbiology analysis, such as Lactobacillus, Salmonella, Pseudomonas, Listeria, E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus, yeast, mold, and more.
- Food nutrition analysis
- Food allergen analysis, such as peanut, egg, soy, and other allergens.
- Natural food toxin analysis, such as histamine and fumosin.
- Food shelf-life studies
- Food quality control determination, such as GMO analysis, wheat adulteration, etc.
A Range of Instrumentation:
There is a range of possible instruments and systems used for food testing. Central to food testing analysis are spectrometers
, alcohol analyzers
, moisture analyzers
, and other standard lab equipment. Specialized analyzers and meters are also available per specific methods and applications, while others can be used for various food analysis requirements.
Key specifications for purchasing food and beverage testing equipment:
The two biggest factors that will drive your decisions will be what the equipment will be used for and regulatory compliance. However other key considerations include portability in an effort to perform food testing in the field, sensitivity to detect trace levels down to parts per trillion (ppt), and analysis time.
Food Testing Compliance:
- FDA/BAM: U.S. Food and Drug Administration/Bacteriological Analytical Manual
- USDA: U.S. Department of Agriculture
- FSIS: Food Safety and Inspection Service
- ISO: International Organization for Standardization
- USP: United States Pharmacopeial Convention
- AOAC: Association of Official Agricultural Chemists
- CMMEF: American Public Health Association's Compendium of Methods for the Microbiological Examination of Food
Browse the directory to discover and compare food and testing instruments:
Friday, November 15, 2013
The Most Dependable Ultra-low Freezers with High Performance...
Friday, September 06, 2013
Meet your quantitative needs with triple quadrupole ...
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Mercury is a toxic element, harmful to the environment and poisonous to humans, ...
Thursday, September 06, 2012
Evaporation systems have many
industrial, medical, and basic
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
In this webinar, Dr. Mark Hayward, Dr. Brian Musselman, and Dr. Raymond Ng examine the main advances in the field of mass spectrometry over the last 45 years and ask, where to next?
Theradiag (ISIN: FR0004197747, Ticker: ALTER), a company specializing in theranostics and in vitro diagnostics, is pleased to announce today that it ...
This became possible through the advancement of a method called QuantYfeX™ technology, which LifeCodexx uses to measure the amount of cell-free fetal ...