StatSensor Creatinine is a handheld analyzer and miniaturized, disposable biosensor for whole blood creatinine testing. StatSensor incorporates a patented Multi-Well technology adapted from Nova’s hospital glucose monitoring system. StatSensor advanced technology enables simple rapid and accurate assessment of renal function by finger stick capillary blood sampling at the point of care.
For Radiology and Cardiac Catherization
- Minimize Risk of Contrast Media Induced Nephropathy (CMIN) - StatSensor provides rapid, point of care renal assessment prior to contrast media imaging
- Improve Productivity and Workflow - StatSensor point of care testing can prevent costly procedure room openings and workflow interruptions when patients arrive for imaging appointments without a current creatinine/eGFR workup.
- Improve Patient Satisfaction - StatSensor point of care testing can prevent patient dissatisfaction when renal function must be determined before an image procedure can be performed.
For ED: Improve Patient Triage, Expedite Patient Care
- Reduce Medication Risks - Renal impairment is frequent in cancer patients and these patients are at high risk of chemotherapy-induced renal toxicity. StatSensor provides important kidney function information for chemotherapy drug selection and dosing.
- Improve Patient Satisfaction - Many cancer outpatients need to have their kidney function assessed before receiving their chemotherapy session. Obtaining a venous blood sample and sending it to a laboratory for creatinine eGFR testing could delay chemotherapy for several hours. A chemotherapy session that might take a couple of hours could turn into a full day and cause patient dissatisfaction with their session. With StatSensor, a capillary blood sample can be obtained and renal function can be quickly determined.
- Various patient care protocols in the emergency department may require rapid assessment of renal function in order to triage the patient. In addition, many ED therapies require timely administration of drugs and adjustment of drug dosage based on renal function. StatSensor accurately assess renal function with a simple 30 second test that can be easily performed in the ED.