SAN FRANCISCO (June 18, 2012) - Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced that it will be showcasing a range of innovative tools for scientific research at booth 1015 at the 112th American Society of Microbiology General Meeting in San Francisco, being held June 16-19. The Thermo Scientific products showcased during this conference will include the latest developments in cold storage, water purification systems, PCR instruments and more.
Featured Thermo Scientific products designed to enhance laboratory efficiency and provide greater reliability include:
- Revco® UxF -86°C freezers, which are designed to maximize sample storage capacity while minimizing the freezer’s footprint inside the lab. Five new capacities range in size from 421 - 949 liters (14.9 - 33.5 cu. ft.) and provide a number of options to suit any storage and lab space requirements.
- CryoExtra™ high-efficiency cryogenic storage vessels, available in four different sizes, from 407 liters to 1,630 liters, and accommodating both vapor- and liquid-phase storage. These containers are designed to minimize top-to-bottom temperature variation, preserving the integrity of critical cryogenically frozen samples.
- The Thermo Scientific water purification portfolio, which offers versatile ASTM Type I, Type II and reverse osmosis (RO) water systems. Advanced UV intensity measurements, feed-water monitoring and improved total organic carbon (TOC) instrumentation enhance the accuracy of matching water purity level to specific applications. Cartridges are easily replaced by users for easy self-maintenance.
- The PikoReal Real-Time PCR System, available in 24- and 96-well instrument formats, which offers outstanding performance in a small bench-top footprint. The unique heating block design of PikoReal systems maintains excellent temperature uniformity and fast heating and cooling for optimal amplification.
- Smart-Vue, an advanced wireless monitoring solution, helps to protect precious samples by providing monitoring of laboratory equipment, including such key parameters as temperature, CO2 concentration, humidity and differential pressure. It is designed for controlled laboratory environments and can be installed on most laboratory equipment, including ultra-low temperature freezers, laboratory refrigerators, CO2 incubators and in clean rooms.
- Fiberlite LEX centrifuge rotors, which combine the durability of corrosion- and fatigue-resistant design with lower rotor mass, providing exceptional ergonomics, performance and safety.
For further information, please visit booth 1015 at the ASM General Meeting in San Francisco or www.thermoscientific.com.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.